Monday, October 30, 2006

Fantastic fall weekend





We had such a wonderful weekend!

I had a Mommy night with my great friend Tracy on Friday night. We went to see the author, Augusten Burroughs speak and he was wonderful! Read Running With Scissors on Saturday and loved it!! We had a great dinner and it is always wonderful to have that time where you feel like a person instead of a Mom for a little while!

Saturday we were supposed to go with 15 families to the pumpkin patch, but Friday's rain made that impossible. Instead we headed to quaint downtown Matthews, picked up some coffee, went to the library and read to the kids. We had lunch at the amazing Beantown Cafe and then took the kids to this huge Halloween Festival. Ryan had a BLAST! I can't believe I didn't have my camera! They played games and decorated cookies. Ryan got in the firetruck and ran around with his pals. My brother came over and we all went up to the hospital to see my Dad who is recovering very well from his spinal surgery. Ryan loves to have his whole family around him.

Sunday Matt woke up with the kids, fed them and made homemade waffles and coffee. You can't beat a wake up like that! We read the paper and played with the kiddos. We got ready and headed to the pumpkin patch to take pictures and get our pumpkins. Ryan loved it, but it is SO hard to get pictures of two kids!! We got pumpkin milkshakes. SO YUMMY!! It was a great time.

And the BROWNS WON?? What are the chances? Ha! I am so hoping that I can actually upload pictures when I get home, as blogger has been having difficulties for the past week!

No comments: